At the Library 7/30/26

 Adult Summer Reading 2026 a Success!

by Tammy Valentine

Our adult summer reading challenge has been very popular, as you can see by all the names on the poster. As of today, July 23rd , we have a total of 198,149 pages read, so we are not far from out 220,000-page goal.

I am enjoying seeing the excitement of people whoare participating in this challenge. There is something great to be a part of a big goal knowing everyone is pitching in to help the group succeed. This challenge has shown me how much people love to read and talk about the books they have enjoyed. To celebrate our achievement join me on Monday, August 3 rd at 6pm in the Nicola-Stoufer meeting room to find out whoread the most pages and chat about those favorite titles.

Another way to share in the love of books is to check out our Facebook group, WPL’s Online Book Chat No Shelf Control. This is a fun way to discuss books without having to schedule another thing on your already-too-busy calendar. I know I have gotten some of the best tips on books from the online book chat groups.

And let’s not forget Libby, your digital library! I joke that Libby is my best friend because I “talk” to her every single day. The Libby app has become a constant companion while doing dishes, cleaning, or anything that I find tedious. Libby perks up my life! If you don’t know about Libby just contact me at the library and I can get you set up to enjoy books no matter what you’re doing.

With all of the excitement over the summer reading challenge I decided to do another challenge. I will be having a winter reading challenge that will include a group reading goals and individual reading goals. Of course, having no goal is always an option. The true purpose is to enjoy reading and being a part of the program. I am thinking of including word games, word puzzles, matching titles to authors, all things books! If you have any ideas just let me know. Summer isn’t finished yet so grab a book, put your feet up, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

At the Library 9/17/26

Adult Services Position Opens at the WPL by Tammy Valentine The Washington Public Library is overflowing with a wide variety of materials an...